Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh, Now I Get It


The stomach flu, below zero temperatures, and lots of snow are impeding my ability to post, but I'll get what I can to you, internet.

This made my day and actually made me think for the first time in about five days.

Britney Spears' 'If U Seek Amy' Poses Problems For Radio

The chorus doesn't even try to make grammatical sense of the phrase: "But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy."

The spelled-out profanity puts the song into a legal gray area for radio stations.


I will openly admit this one took me about twenty minutes to figure out.
I've listened to this song at least a hundred times and haven't noticed a thing.

And I, the queen of dirty phrases, was sitting there sounding it out, like..."efusigate me? That's not dirty, is it? That's not even a word!" I'm thinking it's like the "Spell IHOP and then say 'ness'" thing all over again.

Then I got it.

And gained double my respect of Britney Spears. I didn't know she had that many brain cells to even get the joke. Thus, the album I'll be reviewing this week is Britney Spears' Circus. Good game, Britney; good game. Made me laugh hysterically.

No comments:

Post a Comment