Sunday, January 18, 2009

(vlate) Fave Friday: Lady GaGa

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted the past few days. Teenage life, you know. Gets in the way of being on the laptop enough to research. Sucks. Anyway, here goes Fave Friday...on Sunday.

Lady GaGa//The Fame




This is definitely the newest on my list of favorite albums. Sure, it doesn’t have the deepest subject matter. It’s mostly about boys, sex, and dancing. Also, I’m a sucker for beats I want to dance to. And this album delivers, delivers, and delivers again. You will never get sick of listening to any of the songs on The Fame. Not even the insanely popular “Just Dance.” Really, you won’t. They’re catchy songs, yes, but they aren’t the kind you want to rip out of your brain. You just sing them all day and don’t even mind.

Lady GaGa is pretty much Gwen Stefani walking into a pretty house in the OC and getting involved with lots of pretty models. Oh, and the voice is pretty similar, too. But Lady GaGa’s songs are just so sweet and danceable, you can’t help but love them. There’s a great dance beat to every song and the lyrics aren’t as bad as you think they would be. Lots of good rhymes and decent content. Especially on the first song I put up, “Poker Face.” The song is genius, I tell you. But she has other genius songs as well, like “I Like It Rough”. It examines one of her lesser quality traits, and “Money Honey” is about how love is better than money. How nice.

Also, I’m a sucker for fashion and this woman wears the most insane clothing I have ever seen in my entire life. That automatically nominates you for my admiration. I do love obnoxious things, man.

Yes, most of the songs are about guys, money, and parties. If you’re looking for some deep indie crap about death or the inner meaning of an orange, this isn’t for you. But if you just want something light that you can dance along to for a while to forget that you’re working a dead-end job and aren’t in the Bahamas, The Fame is for you. Definitely. The following songs are worth a click on Youtube.

“Poker Face”

As previously stated, this song is genius. I would really never have made the connection between getting guys and poker, but apparently it’s something else I’ve missed. This is one raunchy song!metaphor, but it’s absolutely amazing. If you aren’t at least bobbing your head to this song’s beat, there might be something wrong with you.

“Summerboy”
It’s vapid. It’s vain. And it’s amazing. You literally cannot help singing to this song. It just brings up visions of beaches, sunbathing, and taboo vacations. Which are always fun.

Unfortunately, it is a new album, so all you get in searches is LOL JUST DANCE BEST SONG EVARRRR!!1! So I can’t find the more obscure songs of hers, but I’m sure they’re out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment